Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing 16

Wikis. Having been familiar with Wikipedia and the concept behind it, I had an idea of what they were. I didn't know there were so many!! I checked out the wiki examples and found a couple I really liked. I enjoyed BOOK LOVERS WIKI very much. This could be very handy in the future when searching for a review or a synopsis of a book. I also liked the SAINT JOSEPH'S COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY subject guides. The ease of use was terrific and I like how you can click on a subject and it will bring up a definition page as well as some examples of titles the library owns.

No comments:

SUCCESS


To laugh often and much
to win the respect of intelligent people
and affection of children; to earn the
appreciation of honest critics and
endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty, to find the best
in others; to leave the world a bit
better, whether by a healthy child
a garden patch or redeemed
social condition; to know even
one life has breathed easier because
you have lived. This is to have
succeeded.


-Ralph Waldo Emerson